- lots of daily exercise
- car rides
- walks in populated places
- walks in parks and forests
- visits to new and interesting places
- visits to meetings (so puppy learns to wait quietly)
- regular attendence at SSD puppy classes
- special games several times a week
But even more than that, the job of the puppy raisers is to give the puppies lots of love.
Check out these blogs written by some of our puppy raisers:
It's possible for anyone to become a puppy raiser for SSD. You do not need to have previous experience training dogs. You just need to love animals, have an open mind, be willing to learn, and be positive, patient, inquisitive and generous. We can train you to train an SSD puppy. However, we do have certain criteria that we look for in our puppy raisers. In our next post, we'll share some of the things we look for in our puppy raisers and how you can apply to become one.