Monday, August 5, 2013

SSD Samee Makes the Days Easier



It’s International Assistance Dog Week from August 4-10, and we’re celebrating! We will be recognizing and honoring service dogs all week. Check the blog each day for a new post about one of our service dogs or service dogs in training.

Our first post is a guest post by Chris K. about his service dog, SSD Samee Mae.


The past few months have been stressful, but with Samee by my side, I can cope a lot easier. She rarely leaves my side, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Even when we’re just playing fetch in the backyard, she fills my heart with so much joy. I could not imagine my life without her now. She’s definitely made my life that much more complete.

We haven’t been out and about lately because of an injury I sustained in my foot. Regardless, she’s always there to make my day better. Even if she’s not “working,” she’s helping me get through each second more easily as the day progresses.

My wife jokes with me about how much I spoil Samee, but how can you not with a face like that? She does so much for me. I just wish I could do the same for her, but I feel as though I fall short in that aspect. We turn heads wherever we go, and she works so well when we are out. Even if it’s just a trip to the grocery store, I’m always stopped and complimented on my beautiful Samee.

We are working well as a team, and she has me looking forward to many years with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment